I hope everyone is finding themselves well during this trying time. As the states and cities I serve begin to reopen, I wanted to update everyone on what my plan for returning to work and seeing clients looks like. I have been closely following the news, medical communities, local and state government officials and the updates from my massage association, looking for guidance and the best path forward through this pandemic. Based on my research and understanding of the current situation, I cannot in good consciousness reopen my massage practice at this time. Deaths and infection rates from Coronavirus are still growing and we do not have a comprehensive testing program in place. There are too many unknowns with this virus and with about a 25% asymptomatic carrier rate, there is no reliable way for me to know if I or one of my clients are infected with Covid-19. There is no solid evidence that a prior infection with Coronavirus offers any immunity to the individual or the community at large. 80% of those with Covid-19 have symptoms that are severe enough to warrant hospitalization, I could not live with the guilt of knowing receiving bodywork at my hands, caused severe injury or loss of life. It is with a heavy heart that I type these words. I will not be reopening during the entire month of May and will be looking at June 1st as the earliest date I will feel safe potentially returning. When I do return, I will have very strict sanitation, safety and hygiene policies in place. I will also require an additional questionnaire and release specifically addressing Coronavirus exposure and protocols.
Some changes you can expect once I return to work:
- I will wear a cloth mask face covering or 95 mask (If they can be located without taking from front line workers)
- All clients will be required to wear a cloth mask or covering during our sessions
- I will have available Nitrile gloves to be used during the massage
- I will not be shaking hands or giving hugs.
- I will not be massaging around the mouth nose or eyes, no facial massage at this time.
- “Table talk” will be limited especially when face up on the table.
- The table will be sanitized with disinfectant wipes before and after the session.
- All used sheets will be placed in a separate bag to be washed immediately following the session.
- I will allow more time between sessions
- limit clients to 3 per day.
- No more than 10 clients in a week to reduce the number of contacts in case I am notified a client is positive or I become positive myself.
- I will change my clothes between each massage session.
- I will continue to diligently wash my hands, before and after the massage session
I know the list of changes and accommodations seems long and arduous, but until a vaccine is found for Coronavirus, we all must do everything we can to keep ourselves and each other safe. My sincerest hope is that the heat from the summer kills the virus enough that it becomes safer to give and receive massage. I understand if you feel the need to see a different massage therapist that has chosen to continue working through this, and I hope to see you on my table once the worst of the danger has passed. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about any of the information or any of the choices I’m making, please let me know and we can have a conversation. All membership massages and gift certificates that have not yet been redeemed, will be redeemed once I return to work, and I will call those clients directly. Keep and eye out for new blogs and email updates.
As we navigate these uncertain times, I am grateful for my clients continued support through gift certificate purchases and the purchase of my Body Butters and Salt Soak Blends. Gift Certificates are still available for a 25% discount and can be purchased through this link! All gift certificates can be redeemed once I believe it is safe for me to offer massage services. They do not expire! Body Butters and Salt Soaks can be purchased by calling me directly at (620)228-0449, messaging on facebook at Savannah Rose Mobile Massage or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on location, blends can be delivered. I will also be adding a page to my website for easier purchasing.
We are all in this together, even when it’s safer to be apart.