Valentine’s Day is a great time to focus on giving yourself the love you deserve, whether you’re flying solo or happily involved with another. Because taking the time to love and appreciate yourself, helps not only you, but those around you. When we fully accept and love ourselves it’s easier to give love to others. There are so many ways we can show ourselves love ranging from totally free to giving yourself gifts or taking yourself out on the town.
Ways to give show yourself love this Valentine’s Day:
- Write yourself a love letter! Sit down and think about all of the amazing things that make you, you! Write about how your eyes sparkle when you smile or about what makes you passionate. Write about your accomplishments, big or small! Ask your friends for inspiration if you feel stuck. It can feel really good to hear what others love about you. And you can keep the letter for down days!
- Respect your own boundaries. If you need space, let yourself have it, if you feel uncomfortable with a situation, speak up or walk away, above all take care of you!
- Listen to affirmations. You can find them all over the web and here is one I love to start the day.
- Take yourself out on a date! Go to the movies and treat yourself to a nice dinner or make a picnic and enjoy the park!
- Treat yourself to a facial, a massage or mani/pedi!
- Buy yourself a gift. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, but let yourself splurge a little on something that brings you joy.
- Sit with yourself and tell every part of your body that you love and appreciate everything they do for you. Tell your feet you love and appreciate them for carrying you. Tell your hands you love them for allowing you to interact with the world. Even tell your fat cells you love and appreciate them for keeping you safe and warm. Every part of your body deserves to be loved and cherished.
- Buy yourself some flowers! They don’t have to be a big bunch of roses! Many flower shops have discounted flowers available, and so do most supermarkets!
- Start a gratitude journal. Taking time every day to write at least one thing that makes you feel grateful improves self-image over time.
- Treat yourself to something sweet, like chocolate!
- Attend a class or event your excited about! Immersing yourself in a new experience can be fun and empowering.
- Play with your pet(s), your friends pet(s) or spend some time with animals at your local shelter! Being around fluffy playful puppies and basking in unconditional love is a reminder of what you deserve always.
- Go all out with a pampering bath! Use essential oils, bath bombs, light candles, make a playlist of all of your favorite soothing songs.
I truly hope you see how absolutely lovable you are this Valentine’s Day. Surround yourself with the people, places and things that bring joy to your heart. You deserve it, everyday!